Given the current COVID-19 emergency, we thought it would be valuable to share the efforts we’re making to ensure the continuity of our business.
Let me start by saying that EIS Group long has had a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan (BCP). Our plan ensures the highest level of security, uptime, resiliency, and availability for our systems and was developed by the Security, Risk Assessment and IT group to deal with risks and potential disasters.
EIS Group is fully prepared for work-from-home or completely off-site situations, as needed, and we can work with clients in a virtual environment from locations and offices across the globe. We run multiple secure VPN servers, which have been fully tested to handle the additional potential load, dedicated to employee use. Our employees can use any one of these VPN servers as needed, and every one of our data centers has redundant internet connections.
In addition, we use Google for our email and collaboration tools; we run conferencing and messaging systems on Zoom and Google. Utilizing the Cloud, these tools can be accessed from anywhere in the world, enabling our employees to operate without interruption. From a technological standpoint, EIS Group is prepared for any pandemic scenario with this setup.
As part of our BCP, we have taken short- and long-term steps to ensure business continuity, including the following:
- We’ve activated our internal BCP group, including the head of each critical business function.
- We’ve identified key positions and functions essential to sustain business continuity.
- We’ve identified and notified back-up personnel to ensure our essential business functions are redundant, using both internal and external resources.
- We’ve identified essential business functions and elements within the company’s supply chain.
- We are in the process of identifying any customer obligations and scheduling that may be impacted.
- We’ve developed strict hygiene protocols for our offices, as well as for our onsite personnel.
Our top priorities—now and always—are the health and safety of our employees, the communities in which we operate, as well as the ongoing business of our clients. The current situation is evolving, and we will keep monitoring it to ensure we have appropriate processes, procedures, and protocols in place.
If you have any questions about our business continuity plans and abilities, please contact me directly.
Current information on COVID19 can be found here:
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation Reports
- Advice on the Use of Masks
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Travel Health Notices
- Updated Preparedness and Response Framework for Influenza Pandemics
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Coronavirus Updates and Information
- US DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Insights: Risk Management for COVID-19
Want to subscribe to the EIS Group Blog? Click here
© 2020 EIS Group. All rights reserved. EIS Group the EIS Group logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EIS Group in the United States and/or other countries.